The New Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K is a 3 in 1 camera!
Blackmagic has revisited URSA Mini under the name URSA Pro 4.6K which is a major update from URSA Mini.
Rather than offering two models, EF and PL mount, the new Pro disposes of a switchable lens support mount that allows the final user to change between EF, PL and B4. Even the B4 lens which allows shots in windowed HD and 2K. Beautiful B4 lenses are available for great prices, and if you work in HD broadcasting, this is an interesting option available for renting. Blackmagic even includes a lenses motor control for different standard diffusion style, that allows plugging the B4 lens in the body of the camera for a regular control of the zoom, the iris and the focus.
The URSA Mini has now the most flexible platforms known right now.
The PL platform also offers a data support for lenses/i for capture parameter from the focus, that can communicate directly in Resolve for focus correction.
The Pro focuses primarily on ergonomic refinements to make the camera lighter, which is more pleasant on your shoulders during your shooting.
It is built around the same third-generation sensor technology and the 15-stops latitude sensor of the URSA Mini.
The new Blackmagic camera now offers two SD and two CFAST card slots, allowing it to shoot in HD format with the SD card and HD, UHD, 2K, 4K and 4.6K with the CFAST card. We, at Cinefilms, we have an adaptor for external SSD recording directly on the camera!!
There are numerous advanced upgrades on the interface of the camera, including a turret for the integrated ND Filters. There’s even an HFR button to rapidly pass on high speed mode, because when you change the action and you suddenly need to select slow-motion you won’t have time to go in the settings!
The camera also allows complete control on SDI, to be used in a studio environment and with Blackmagic Arduino.
• 15-stops of dynamic latitude.
• Super Sensor 35mm 4.6K
• Interchangeable lens mount, supports EF, PL and B4 lenses
• High-Quality Neutral density filters (ND) 2, 4 and 6 stops with IR cut.
• Two C-Fast 2.0 recorder and two SD / UHS-II card recorder
• Magnesium alloy body.
• Backlit B & W status LCD screen for timecode parameters, de shutter and lens, battery, recording status and audio levels.
• CinemaDNG 4.6K RAW, ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 proxy recording with resolutions like Ultra HD and HD.
• Captures 6,4 kbps in RAW.
• Micro audio inputs/ dual XLR line with phantom power.
• 12G-SDI for monitoring with superposition in the parameter screen for camera status output.
• 4-pin XLR output.
• Headphone jack.
• Remote control LANC.
• Standard 4-pin 12 V DC connection.
• Built with high-quality stereo microphones.
• 4-inch touch screen for monitoring set and menu settings.
• The viewfinder connects with standard and industrial SDI input connectors, not the owners.